Spring has only just arrived, but Melbourne’s weather has been deliciously warm of late. This weekend was a long weekend which provided me with a sufficient amount of pensive wind-down time to be able to recall just how much better life is when it’s sunny. We had spent many months hibernating in the house over the long winter and it was lovely to finally go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
The winter slump is over, for now, and to celebrate I thought I’d share my favourite cocktail recipe for a refreshing Cosmopolitan, which I’ve adapted by using Absolut Apeach vodka. I have made this cocktail with plain vodka too, but the peach-flavoured vodka really makes a difference in its deliciousness. Best served outside on a warm night while enveloped by a cool summer breeze.
- Crushed ice
- 2 shots (60ml) Absolut Apeach vodka
- 1 shot (30ml) triple sec
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cranberry juice
- Place crushed ice in two martini glasses.
- Pour vodka, triple sec, lemon and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- Strain drink into prepared glasses and serve immediately.