Decadent is a good descriptor. It is also the most perfect word to describe these blondies.
I had to double check the recipe when I was baking these. Melt the white chocolate into the flour mixture? Whaaa? But I did. And it was amazing.
I was always a white chocolate girl. Now I can only eat one brand of white chocolate as the others taste too artificial. However, my favourite brand is delicious. I am terrible with milk chocolate. I don’t know what I’d do without it. Probably be a lot healthier and have a heavier wallet.
Anyway, if you do decide to make these, please make sure people are coming over. Otherwise I guarantee that you’ll eat them all.
- canola oil spray, to grease
- 220g (80z) your favourite white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F (fan-forced 155°C/310°F). Grease a 23cm x 23cm (9in x 9in) pan.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. Add the salt.
- Place white chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Let sit for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, or until melted butter melts the white chocolate and mix together until smooth and well-combined. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, use electric beaters to beat eggs until bubbly. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla with the beaters still running.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine. Add the flour mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool brownies before slicing.