I had finally set a date for our housewarming and began to become very excited about planning the menu. Drawing inspiration from a friend who entertains quite often, I thought I’d serve a range of items, both store-bought and homemade. As I love sweets, I decided to make the yummy stuff and buy the savoury things. Making sweets is just that much more fun.
I’m not sure where the idea of serving peach lemonade came from. I must have seen something inspiring on Pinterest. Alex loves homemade lemonade and is frustrated that it is not easy to buy here. I’m not a huge homemade lemonade type of gal, but I love peaches and thought this recipe would be a lovely idea. I looked up recipes and picked the one that looked yummiest.
This peach lemonade was absolutely delightful. It did take some effort but I will definitely make it again when I have the time. I did have a disaster where instead of pulling the jug off the blender post, I twisted it off which unscrewed the base and I almost lost all my lovely lemonade. Luckily my reaction time when food is involved is very prompt.
I received many rave reviews for this drink and it didn’t last long at all. Next time I’ll double the batch. I also added a few shots of tequila which made it taste very margarita-y. So good.
- 4 cups water
- 3 peaches, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 5 lemons, juiced
- 2-4 shots tequila, optional
- Combine water, peaches and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour peach mixture into a blender and let sit for 20 minutes to cool slightly.
- Remove the centre part of the blender lid to let the steam vent, and attach the lid to the blender. Place a folded clean towel over the hole and blend until smooth. Pour into a large jug or bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Put the lemon juice into the fridge as well.
- Pour peach mixture through a sieve into a punch bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Add any alcohol at this point and stir. Serve with crushed ice if desired.