I love granola. I love using it in breakfast parfaits. I usually add layers of yoghurt, fruit, granola and maybe a little bit of jam. However, I find granola at supermarkets here to be pricy, lacking in variety, and most are high in oil. I also prefer dry granola without added fruits – just some flavoured, crispy oats. I especially love snacking on granola clusters.
Lately I have been loving everything peanut butter. My latest favourite chocolates are Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, which are a little tricky to find here, but of course the lovely grocery store near my work stocks them (both a great and terrible thing).
I felt it was time to put my love for peanut butter and granola into a majestic, crunchy, nutty amalgamation. So far I have mixed these lovelies alongside some strawberry jam into some vanilla yoghurt, and have also eaten them as is. Very yummy, very quick and very easy.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- canola spray
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F (fan-forced 140°C/285°F). Spray baking tray with canola spray.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla to peanut butter mixture and combine.
- Mix oats into peanut butter mixture until oats are completely covered.
- Spread oats evenly onto baking tray. If you want granola clusters, you can leave the bigger clumps of oats as is. If not, separate the clusters with two spoons.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Leave to cool completely and store in a sealed container.